Carteret County U-car
Track Approved Muffler Required!
2015 U-CAR Rules
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. CCS TECH shall be empowered to permit any and all deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions to keep the competition close. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the CCS TECH officials and their decision is final.
The U-CAR division is designed to promote a greater interest in Stock Car Competition and to enable NEW and INEXPERIENCED DRIVERS to compete in their own class and to enable those to participate on a weekly basis. If not specified in the Rules, all parts must remain O.E.M for that year, make, model & engine size.
No modifications except what is listed in these rules.
IF the rules don’t say you can then YOU CAN’T!
- Minimum Age for U-Car Extreme Drivers is Fourteen (14 Years Old),
- Minors must have CCS official’s approval.
- Minor drivers must have parent’s consent form filled and on file with CCS before going out on track.
- Drivers will be able to participate in other SNMP classes.
General Rules & Competing Models:
- Sub Compacts: 1972 or newer.
- Coupe, Sedan, or Station Wagon Car, ONLY ALLOWED.
- American & Import, 4 or 6 cylinder. Front wheel drive ALLOWED.
- 4 cylinder rear wheel drive ALLOWED.
- Maximum wheelbase is 110”.
- NO All Wheel drive cars permitted.
- NO supercharge or turbocharger engines.
- NO rear engine or mid engine.
- NO Two seater’s, Convertibles.
- Rear steer ALLOWED, only if locked solid at zero (0) degrees and cannot be moved.
- All O.E.M. sheet metal and panels must remain stock unless stated otherwise in these rules.
– After Market stock bumper covers allowed.
- Firewall and floorboard must remain intact.
- Front Inner fender wells may be removed.
- All other front inner structure must remain intact.
- All doors must be secured, bolted, chained, or welded.
- Hood Pins, Hood = 4 Pins, Trunk = 2 Pins. MANDATORY. May keep OEM Hinges.
- Windshield required. May be replaced with 1/8″ LEXAN. No Plexiglas. Must have 2″ metal straps. All other glass components must be removed.
- Front, Rear, Side Lexan is ALLOWED.
- Cars must have all upholstery, side glass, rear glass and trim removed.
- You may fabricate a dashboard, starter button or switch is optional.
- Battery can be mounted under the hood in stock location or in the driver’s compartment behind driver’s seat in a well secured and covered battery box. External Charging terminals allowed
- No battery’s in the trunk.
- Wheel base as per Tech’s discretion for tire clearance.
- Tow Hooks or tow Chains are recommended.
- Transponder’s are MANDATORY.
- Radio’s are ALLOWED.
- Inner structures of the following MAY BE REMOVED: Hood, Trunk Lid, Roof and Doors
- Stock O.E.M LeMans bar ALLOWED. Mounted equally left to right.
- Race Number’s required on Roof, Door’s, Top of passenger windshield 6” & passenger rear tail light 6”
- Fire Wall: Must be between the driver, the fuel tank & engine. MANDATORY
NO ANTIFREEZE – $300.00 FINE
- All engines must be absolutely stock OEM from TOP to oil pan, NO MODIFICATIONS!
- You may remove accessories such as; A/C, Smog parts, PS, Heater Core etc.
- NO High Performance Parts Allowed.
- NO modifications to the OEM air cleaner.
- Factory stock air cleaner system with no modifications. K&N filters or paper filters allowed. Cool air inlet may be extended to front bumper not past leading edge. Must stay the same size as inlet of the factory air cleaner housing.
- NO antifreeze, use Water Wetter type products, MADATORY.
- A compression check on all motors will be done. Driver/Owner are to have the tech manual for make and model of car showing all motor specs including compression, bore and stroke. If you do not have manual you are subject to immediate disqualification. All motors are allowed 10% above stock compression.
Not having this proof, you are subject to Immediate Disqualification.
- Electric engine cooling fans may be hot-wired to run constantly or can be put on a toggle switch in dash.
- OEM Stock Computer ONLY based on your make, model, year, engine size. NO MODIFICATIONS.
- All motors are allowed to be bored to a max of .030 over stock piston. All other engine components will remain stock, inside and out.
- Factory Exhaust Manifolds for your car. Exhaust must extend to the outside edge of the car behind driver. MANDATORY
- No Cold air intakes.
- Stock carburetor/fuel injection system for that make and model ONLY. Stock computers ONLY.
- Stock O.E.M. from the manufacturer ONLY.
- Manual shift transmissions must remain stock as from the manufacturer ONLY.
- Stock O.E.M. clutch pack ONLY.
- Any 60 series DOT passenger type 200 tread wear of higher tire required.
– HOOSIER 790 Series Allowed
- No tire treatment of any kind permitted “DRY TIRE RULE ONLY”.
- NO Cutting of any kind Camber or Groving.
- The driver is responsible for competing with the correct tires.
- Steel wheels ONLY.
– Aluminum wheel may be used with prior approval from tack official.
- Up to 7” Wide ONLY.
- All four wheels must be the same size, width & offset on all 4 corners.
- Aftermarket Magnetic steel wheel ALLOWED.
- 3” Max. offset per wheel ALLOWED..
- Larger wheel studs ALLOWED.
- Wheel spacers / adapters up to 1” max. per wheel ALLOWED.
- NO wheel weights.
- Stock O.E.M. rear ends ONLY.
- Stock O.E.M. shocks ONLY.
- Multiple spring rubbers allowed, must be zip tied in place.
- Front Camber – Any camber. ALLOWED.
- Rear Camber – Any camber ALLOWED.
- Springs: OEM, Junkyard or aftermarket allowed. Springs maybe cut. You may use spring rubbers or spring collapsers. Maximum of 2 per spring. No Coilover spring adjusters.
- May be cut or heated, ONLY.
- Dog chain, spring collapser, j bolt ALLOWED.
- You may use bolt kits, camber adjusters, adjustable ball joints or slotting of the mounting holes in the control arms or lower holes in the struts by grinding or drilling only (no torch cutting) to achieve camber. Do not in any way alter the upper mounting points of the strut tower. Camber adjustment allowed on rear wheels.
- Ride Height: nose, rockers & frame is 4.5 “ Min. w/ driver in race trim.
- After the Feature Race, you may add up to 3 gallons / 21lbs. of fuel after the race at the scale when it’s your turn to weigh. You must show the weight of fuel to tech on the scale before you add it to the car.
- NO Traction Control.
- ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO CHASSIS DYNO
- Due to the growing class and wide range of make, model, year & engine HP. This class will be judged off of HP & WT & %’s. Please make sure you read The ENGINE RULES. This is what you claim for your car. Make, Model, Year, Engine. 2. You must have proof that the engine you are using in your race car now, came in your car from the factory O.E.M.
All cars must have WEIGHT & HP written / displayed on left front quarter panel for Tech inspection
Any make of car that shows to be dominant may be issued a weight penalty at tracks discretion.
- U-Car Extreme Weight & % Rules:
119hp and under – No Min Weight or % Left side Wt.
120hp – 129hp – 2100lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
130hp – 139hp – 2200lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
140hp – 149hp – 2300lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
150hp – 159hp – 2400lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
160hp – 169hp – 2500lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
170hp – 179hp – 2600lbs Min Total Wt. 55% Left Side Wt. Max
180hp and up – 2600lbs Min Total Wt. 53% Left Side Wt. Max
4 cyl. Rear wheel drive must have 55% nose weight
- All Lead Weight will be double bolted with grade 8 or higher bolts. (Nylon Lock nuts and 1 ½” fender Washers required) All lead weight must be mounted in a safe location and approved by track tech. All lead must be painted a bright color and numbered with car number. Lead that comes free from the race car may result in fines or penalties to the driver.
SAFETY IS FIRST AND FORMOST:
- Helmet, Snell 95 or better, must have tag.
- A flame retardant driving suit & gloves, must have SFI Tag. Eye protection and Neck Brace. Hans Device is recommended but not required
- Five point racing seat belts required and must be mounted in a manner acceptable to track tech. Belts must be dated within the last 5 years to be legal. Anything older than 5 years is not acceptable. Date must be visible to track tech to be eligible to race.
- Approved Racing Seat.
- 6 point roll cage, constructed of 1 ¾” tubular steel x .090 wall seamless. Roll bars must be welded and secured to floor pan.
- Driver side 3 bar’s, Passenger side 2 bar’s. MANDATORY.
- 20 gage driver’s door plate must be on 3 bars of the driver’s side roll cage. The plate must go from the front of the driver’s door to the back end of the driver’s door. Cage installation must be approved by the track tech.
- 2 1/2 lb fire extinguisher with a dial, Fire extinguisher must be in drivers reach and be up to date and fully charged.
- Roll Bar Padding is required and must be around all bars within drivers reach.
- Fuel tank. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle, it may be used or can be removed and replaced with a fuel cell. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a maximum 8 gallon fuel cell, securely mounted, covered and centered in the
trunk. A metal fire wall is required over all back seat areas. All fuel tanks that are replaced with fuel cells, must be removed.
- Front & Rear Drive Shaft Loop for cars with RWD, painted white w/ # on it. MANDATORY.
- NO bar’s past the front firewall. 2 Bar’s may go into trunk area.
- Quick release steering wheel ALLOWED.
- NO air bag’s or steering wheel lock’s.
- All cars must have at least one side mirror and 1 rear view mirror.
- Kill switch must be located in the center of dash, center of roll bars or center of floor board for Safety crews to easily reach in case of emergency.
- Window net must be mounted in the driver’s side window opening secured with 1/2″ solid rod or 3/16″x1″ flat bar with the refar of top rod in slot and the front of the top rod secured with a leaver or seatbelt fastener. Fasteners must be located in an area accessible to all rescue personnel.
CCS Tech reserves the right to add or move weight and weight percentages at any time
For tech questions, contact: Ken Guyer — email@example.com